Tuesday, January 4, 2011

MG 1/100 Aile Strike Gundam WIP 3


Good progress!

After spending two weeks already listening 24/7 to The Beatles with unknown nostalgic reasons... I am almost finished with Strike's inner frame work with metal modifications and painting...

So here's the rundown...

 Here's most of the inner frame pieces that will be painted by limbs and parts...


Here's the texture of the unpainted, lightly sanded leg part...

Here's the same leg part painted...
 

I used my old mix of German Gray with a little Gunmetal and Flat Aluminum, thinned with at least 50% or more acrylic thinner... And I am quite satisfied with the results...

I also skipped out sanding some of the smaller inner frame parts like the vents and kneecap joints, then tried painting them, without sanding... I am surprised the paint mixture stuck well... so I might try not completely sanding everything before painting next time to keep those details and  edges crisp and defined...

 





Sealed with a thin coat of Future...

 Highlights... I mixed up Light Gray with a little German Gray and little Flat Aluminum then added a little bit of the German gray mixture from the first coating... This light shade of gray mixture is what I used for highlighting the edges and details, making it look like scratches on the edges or just plain highlights to define edges...




Here's most of the Inner frame parts with the custom metal pieces and wires added already... with mighty bond super glue...


 
A little teaser...









Here's another inner frame part, to be placed on the knee cap armor... which should wait until I can finish painting the external armor pieces...

And as you can see... I already bought myself a cutting mat...

Now I think I can work better..

 So until next post!

I might snapfit MG GP03S today... not sure... but excited...

or I just might continue in painting the other parts of Strike Gundam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails