Thursday, April 14, 2011

-PROJECT EVA-

Some non-gunpla post in the busy month of April. These 3d models are what I have been doing for two different 3d classes. (images reduced to lower resolutions... but feel free to enlarge anyway...)



So the first two images where you see EVA 00 holding an N2 Mine were done about a year ago. The idea was just to render any scene complete with some lights and texture effects, but I kind of went up a bit and modeled the Evangelion... I guess it's just a fanboy itch...
 
This was based on a scene from the movie Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22.

The next two below are some decent WIPs of the above project...


And the next two below are for my current project... The body is a complete remodel of the original, since the original was made up of multiple polygons, which were posed one by one, which were a pain in the ass, then filled up with more polygons which makes up for the insides...

Another reason for remodeling was that the first model didn't really had any form. it looks like an EVA but it doesn't have the style (like the style of how comic book artists draw...)...

I also made the topology a lot better and follows the muscles of the EVA more as this project is all about rigging.

So the I guess the  RIG worked but the RIGGING didn't... the end product wasn't perfect but I'm sure 3D modeling is an experience based skill...
 Now if I can only manage to pass that other subject...

And by the way... EVA NIGOKI is done but I just couldn't find the time on giving it a decent photography session...
But I know I'll be posting more images very soon...

VISIT MY OTHER BLOG

JA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails