Friday, March 18, 2011

EVA-02 Production 2.0 WIP 3

The decals that I used for this was the ones made for the older EVA-02 LMHG Bandai model made in 1995 (onwards...). It also came with a decal guide (made for the older model) but I also followed most of it for this newer model...

As for the shoulder binders seen above, the decal NERV in big size is to be put on the older model, but since the this version of EVA-02 featured a smaller shoulder binder, size doesn't permit so I did my own pattern...

Here's the decals, also comes with decals for EVA-00 Prototype (which I'm wanting to get soon... the Rebuild version...)


As for the arms, I used the Dry transfer decals that came with the kit... which were a mess to apply on uneven surfaces...

EVA-02 on the head... I scratched the other side, which I had to remove, then replaced it with other Japanese signs...

Decal work on this kit is probably the most problematic for me... with the most number of scratched decals at the moment...

Some decals on the back of the body...

Close up...


NERV logo at the butt, which I also scratched a little (after taking photos...) but it still somehow looks ok...

Shoulder binders...

The big NERV sign which was made for the 1995 LM-HG EVA-02 shoulder binders...

Mr. Softer at the end of the job... the moment you apply this, take extra care in handling the model, it makes the decals much more fragile to scratches and slight touches...

I applied a coat of future over the black areas of the lower arms, and a gloss top coat over everything else, but leaving the rubber arms without any coating...

アンタバカ


ジャまた明日

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails