Tuesday, December 21, 2010

3 3/4 Inch Gardet Luc's "The Patronizer" WIP


So this will be the WIP post for "The Patronizer" custom... It's just a simple custom, more of a repaint with a little recarving of the head part.

This will also be the first time that I'll be using Enamels as my medium in painting the figure overall. other than just applying washes...


I would just like to show two of my most used brushes... a small chinese brush I use for applying enamal washes and a Sakura #0 brush used for general painting...

I used an A-team Figure for the project as it resembles the PATRONIZER well in general...

Then I went ahead and remodeled the head to recreate the scar on THE PATRONIZER's head...

sanded the parts which will be painted.

I just applied some Red Brown Enamel washes on the head... then cleaned it off with cotton buds... the usual commons...




Red Brown Enamels on his leather shoes...

The only thing I hate about enamels is that they dry very slowly... and finger prints would appear whenever I touch them no matter how lightly I do so... But Enamels do spread nice and even way better than Acrylics... if you get the mixture right...


Enamel black over the sanded pants part...

Enamel black over the already black pistol and carbine... it made them extra shiny...

Enamel Black washes over the gray coat... then cleaned the excess with cotton buds to produce shades and put depth and show detail to the figure...



see the black wash effect on the creased areas?



a mix of Black and Red Brown Enamel wash over the hairs...








 Topcoated with Tamiya Clear...

Sawed off a small part from a High Impact Plastic Sheet to be used as a stand / base ...
 

Primed, and then painted with several coats of acrylic black... then coated with three layers of future...
 


Until Next Post!

I'll try to finish Strike by the end of the month! ...though I still need a bottle Mr. Setter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails