Sunday, May 8, 2011

MG 1/100 AEUG RMS-099 RICK DIAS

I snapfitted this kit as soon as It got delivered, and probably my cleanest build as of this time. Considering it's a pretty old kit, and uses a softer plastic because of the red color, Rick Dias is pretty solid and stable once complete. The joints are all stiff but there are still some of them which uses polycaps, so I don't know how long they can stand the pressures, but it's not as old as the RGM-79N or the RX-78 GP03S which has weak knees (think of Gundam W 1/100 HG kits...)

Anyways... this is A.E.U.G.'s RMS-099 Rick Dias in Quatro Vageena's custom colors...


The funny thing was that in the Zeta series, this color scheme was more common than the black "non-customized" one. I can name 12 who piloted the same color scheme so I can just suppose this is just an upgraded version of the usual Rick Dias and was given a red color scheme to signify that...





This kit also comes with parts for the Black common one (Shorter back skirt, shorter head visor, different backpack internal frame, and square verniers, ...). I just don't know if the Black one had extra round verniers. Everything else is just the same. Also, the verniers and the flaps located on the legs and backpack moves...



Some internal detail. (This Red version also carries the different backpack internal detail for the black one...)



Clay Bazooka...



Two Beam Rifles... but looks unnatural and weird to hold because of the backpack connectors...

Vulcan Phalanx Anti-Missie Gun System...


Ball cockpit/escape pod... removable...

Compared to the MSA-033 A.E.U.G. Nemo, this mobile suit is big and heavy (it is a DOM type anyways...), Articulation is okay, the joints are stiff, seamlines are at a minimum level, And as they are A.E.U.G, they share the same Beam Saber design, even similar shoulder designs.


Overall, it's an enjoyable kit with very few problems to handle, and I wouldn't mind doing another if I got the chance... But I'm thinking of getting the Hyaku Shiki W/ Ballute System next, or the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, or maybe another Nemo even...

I think the reason as to why I don't finish completing a model (with painting and a good diorama) is because I don't build it straight, I always finish snapfitting something first then let it sit there for a few weeks, then a month, until I lost the will power to actually paint it... Unlike most modelers I know who wouldn't touch any kit unless they are ready and willing to already paint it, leaving a lot of them still in boxes unbuilt...

I still have Wing Gundam Ver. Ka EW unbuilt (delivered with this Rick Dias... )... but being myself...

I'm off to watch Ano Hana ep4.

Ja!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails