Thursday, April 5, 2012

MG 1/100 Wing Gundam Ver.Ka EW WIP 5

Painting the grays on the armor pieces... "picking out colors..."
 I used my old mix of Tamiya Acrylics instead of Vallejo Acrylics because I wouldn't want to waste good paints...

60% German Gray
5% Silver
35% Gunmetal
(estimates...)

Below are Pros and Cons of both Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics which are based on my experiences...

TAMIYA
- dries very flat and smooth if thinned enough... even when applied by brush...
- dried paint doesn't get scratched easily...
- great choice for militaristic colors...
- hard to work with using a brush when it comes to some light colors, especially Flat White, on large surfaces.

VALLEJO
- dries very flat and smooth, and I still thin them with a few drops of water just to be safe...
- also good for hand painting with a brush, strokes may be visible, can be covered with Gloss/Matte coating...
- has a wider range of bright colors suitable for bright colored mechas, bright color schemes, and others...
- gets scratched easily... I would recommend applying Gloss coating (after decals...), for protection, can be followed by matte...


 
These Gray parts, I'm thinking of giving them a more Gunmetal...



Still stuck on a few weeks worth of school stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails